I’m really, really, really, really, super happy to say that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award by Back to First Position. If you haven’t checked out her blog you should, she’s on her way back to ballet and I’m so excited for her. 🙂 I wasn’t sure what a Liebster Blog award was until she explained it. It’s a way of recognizing blogs and saying “you’re awesome and so is your blog!” 🙂
This nomination came at the exact right time when I was/am doubting just about everything in my life including my lovely little blog. So thank you Rachael for reaching out and giving me that virtual hug and blog love!
I did a little research on the Liebster award and it seems like there are two ways to go about it: accept your nomination with a gracious thank you or accept your nomination and complete a series of questions followed by nominating other bloggers for the award. I chose to do the later because that’s how I was nominated and I really think it’s good way to pay it forward and help other blogs get some recognition. 🙂
“From what I’ve learned about The Liebster Award, it’s a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.”
Here it goes:
Thank you, merci, grazie, gracias, danke Back to First Position! 🙂
11 Random Facts about me
- I like new car smell/new car air conditioning smell.
- I once jumped off a roof of a house onto a trampoline. I didn’t land right and it hurt like hell.
- I have a cousin that is related to me on both sides. Our dads are brothers and our moms are sisters.
- I’ve been wanting to buy a 70’s Winnebago and live in it but I want it to be suped-up, energy-efficient, earth friendly, run on veggie fuel (and diesel in case I run out), and never break down on me.
- I lived in France for a year in a picture perfect house.
- I taught myself how to crochet.
- I have 3 stages of hunger: calm/nonchalant, silly, and best of all – silent, cold, and deadly fury.
- When I get my splits, I fully plan on sitting in them anywhere, anyplace, anytime.
- I love reading teen fiction.
- I equate a car to freedom but I don’t own one.
- I don’t like chocolate but I love milk chocolate fondue.
Answers to Questions Given to Me
- Why did you start writing your blog? I started The Traveling Dancer because I wanted to help other dancers like me find studios that inspire them and support them in their passion. I also wanted to document my traveling and dancing adventures.
- What is the most fun thing for you about your blog? I love that my blog has made me a part of a community of dancers from all around the US and the world even.
- How much time do you spend on your blog weekly? Not as much as I would like or should. I would say about 2 – 3 hours a week.
- What is your happiest memory? My best friends in high school.
- Can you drive a stick shift? Yes and damn proud of it…so much so that I wanted to start a club called “Stick Shift Girls.”
- Can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time? I just tried it and YES I can! Woooah!
- What has surprised you the most about having a blog? How much time it takes to write a post. 😉
- What was the last movie you saw? The Associate with Whoppi Goldberg. It was AWESOME!
- What is your favorite ballet? Non-traditional: between Chroma and The Second Detail. Classical: Swan Lake
- Who is your favorite ballet dancer? I don’t really have one yet but I do love James Whiteside.
- Can you do the splits? I can’t do the splits yet but one day I will!
Now to pay it forward! I nominate the following blogs for Liebster awards. I tried to stick with the ones who had 200 followers or less but in some cases I found that hard to verify! Thank you to the following bloggers who have inspired me to continue blogging and dancing. The list below is in ABC order and not any other significant order by the way!
Liebster Blog Award Nominees
Questions for the lovely nominees:
- What is your best recommendation for new bloggers?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What types of posts and blogs do you tend to comment on the most?
- Favorite youtube dance clip?
- Would you give up your day job to dance?
- What is your favorite dance studio?
- Do you like being corrected in class/what type of corrections work best for you?
- Favorite book? Favorite quote?
- Best snack between class?
- What’s your favorite leotard? (brand, style, color)
- Best advice you wish would have known when you were younger?
I really enjoyed accepting and working on this nomination and I hope my nominees will too! Thank you again to Rachael!
P.S. There are so many wonderful blogs out there and I intend on finding as many as I can and posting them on my blogroll as my own sort of “pay it forward.” Please do check out everyone on there currently (and in the future). Some blogs are already quite famous (at least on Twitter) and didn’t qualify for a Liebster award but they are just as awesome! 🙂